I feel really bad that I haven't posted anything in a bit. Ever had 12 posts in your head that you know you'd like to write about but can't decide which one to do and find yourself without the time once you think you can type something up. So, I figured that using the common link of procrastination, I can whittle down some of those... life update time.
- I seem to get a lot of gift cards during the holidays. This isn't bad but I believe my indecisiveness (when asked "Anything you need/want for
?") is infectious.
- One bad thing about the winter months when you have a desert landscape is that the plants die back. So, as I type right now, I know I need to go outside to cut some little branches and used the leaf blower. Do I really want to do that in the cold weather, though.
- By the end of last year, I had the last 5 episodes of Talking 80s Music mapped out and organized. This year... not so much. I need to get at least a week ahead of myself to allow me to contact a few of the possible subjects in hopes of getting an interview in here or there. Well, last night I spent several hours working out possible episodes that includes music by Tommy Tutone, Cutting Crew, T'Pau, Tony Carey, Glenn Tilbrook and a few others you might not have heard of (24/7 Spyz, 54-40, The Samples and Curiosity Killed The Cat). Scheduling one now allows me to contact the possible next in line to arrange an interview but doing an episode without an interview prevents me from featuring them (even with an interview) for quite some time.
- One of the gift cards that I received for Christmas 2006 was from my father to aid in the purchase of a new suit. Usually, you don't want to buy a suit when you aren't at the weight you plan to wear it at. I also have never been good about buying nice clothes for myself (comfortable clothes rock.) Anyhow, I gave in and finally purchased the suit last week.
- Having a Tivo in the bedroom works really well for catching up on shows while I'm doing web work. Having a DVR in the living room doesn't aid in multi-tasking. I think that's why I have one full season of Battlestar Galactica sitting on there that I want to see but haven't. I feel like I have to afford the time to go watch something there. Maybe, I need to run a long cable from the living room to my bedroom to watch some of those.
- I get some emails that I don't answer right away. I like to tell myself that I'm thinking my response over. Then it gets to be a day or two and I feel like I should have written back by now. I have 3-6 of those in one of my email addresses right now. I guess that if it was urgent, I'd be all over it.
- I handed Kerry my gift card collection. Remember how I mentioned that I get them? Well, I don't run off an purchase things just because I have a card. A few are from over a year ago. What made me turn them over? Probably when I noticed that two of the gift certificates that I had were for restaurants that were now closed.
- Finally made my decision on party affiliation. I think it happened when former Libertarian presidential candidate/current Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul had people in my neighborhood. There were about 5 days until the (30-day) cut-off allowing party change prior to the caucus. Of course, I missed it because I procrastinated. So, I can't claim to be a Republitarian as of yet.
I really should go work on that yard. Need to accomplish something today before work.