As a writer, the one thing that you can't be forgiven for is not learning from what you've written. But it seems that I made my own major mistake by not thinking about an article I wrote last year about the death of "Weird" Al Yankovic's parents.
Last week, I was just finishing typing up the newsletter and had some a little free time. I decided to watch a DVD in the living room. Feeling rather chilly, I lit the fire. I passed out twice while watching the DVD even though I wasn't tired. So I went back to the fireplace and turned the light on... it seems that I had moved the flue handle the wrong way. So here my house is full of carbon monoxide and yes... the sleepiness I felt could have been my own mortal end. I quickly aired out the room and yes, turned off the fireplace. And then I thought to myself... "This is how "Weird" Al's parents went." I have turned the fireplace on since but I've very careful when I do.